On January 22, 1998, I wrote my Twelve Tenets for Healing. It was during a time of depression, and I recall that these came together quickly based on a lot of reading I had been doing.
Today I took a look at these tenets, and I can see they are still relevant as ever. Realizing this, I decided it was time to share them with others. They have largely been kept to myself, typed out and displayed under a magnet on my file cabinet. Most of the time I don’t even look at them. That is okay, however. They live inside me.
1. I will practice being peace no matter what chaos is surrounding me.
2. I will stay present to my Self first, then to the person(s) I am with.
3. I will practice nonjudgment.
4. I will not be attached to outcomes.
5. I will know my Strength, my Abundance, and my Power comes from Divine Source.
6. When fear arises I will recognize that it is a signal something needs to change; then I will prayerfully make those changes.
7. I will practice acceptance.
8. I will remember I am living a mystery, not trying to solve one.
9. I will honor myself and my God by living with integrity and faith.
10. I will have the courage to be brutally honest with myself in all situations.
11. I will remember self-care is not selfish.
12. I will practice gratitude as it contributes positive energy to my world and keeps me in the awareness that Life is Good.
Now that I have written these out again, I am committing myself to living them more fully. I think I will take one with me each day, and practice living it out fully. Just one more way to live and love in every moment.