It was New Years Eve when I decided to commit myself to the 5 Questions blog. I walked the beach pictured above to make my decision. Did I really want to commit to 365 days? Was this something I really wanted to do? It was a time commitment, and I’ve learned not to take those lightly. I decided to go for it, and today marks a milestone. Below are Five Reflections on this blog so far.
1. Writing every day is both challenging and comforting. I don’t agonize over it. I just do it. It needs to be done, so it gets done. Like brushing my teeth.
2. I love how it has opened me up to surprises from nature (Q3) and that those encounters get recorded here.
3. The questions have forced me to look at topics I want to write about through their lens — and I think that has been fruitful for me personally.
4. I keep thinking this whole challenge I’ve put on myself is about Question #5 — What is the new creation that wants to be born in and through me? I wonder what the answer will be?
5. I’m still wondering how I will keep this up for 315 more posts. Answer: One day at a time, right?